The act of moving a good from one location to another, in music that can be on a number of levels.
- From the Master to MP3/WAV, CD or Vinyl(1)
- From self made CD carried show to show.
- From an upload of a file to a streaming or digital distribution service
- From the USA globally as digital(2) or more importantly as physical entertainment
(1) It vital to the end result that each format is replicated from the master into a specific format. Digital can be made in to Vinyl and while it can CD it would not a good sound.
(2) Just because a release is on iTunes in the USA doesn’t mean it’s on the other global market partner that are hosting iTunes in different areas of the world.